by appointment only
2405 Bartlett Street
Houston, Texas 77098
713 521 1625
DO YOU HAVE
WORK WITH US
You are friendly, focused, and fearless. You appreciate alliteration, and language in general. You are a clear communicator. You have 7-10 years of experience at a branding consultancy or design firm—this is a senior role. So you’re comfortable designing brand identities and building systems, as well as capable of leading others to do the same.
As the brand lead, you’ll work closely alongside our digital lead, and art direct a team of designers across pursuits that range from environmental graphics and signage to brand standards and book design. You are obsessed with typography and the tactile world of production, but also able to push and pull your thinking across any medium, because your work is grounded in smart ideas and thoughtful research. You’re constantly curious and undaunted by new challenges or unexplored territories. You are creative and constructive, strategic and stretchy—able to pivot quickly and don new hats. Details do not escape you, nor do well-timed puns.
Most of all, you want to work somewhere where your voice matters and your co-people are hungry for new processes and resources that help build the best work—and culture—possible. You want to make things, and you want to make a difference.
And if this sounds like you, then we want to make this work. Send us your work here.
You’re a sharp, strategic designer with 2-4 years’ experience, or a Masters equivalent in graphic design. Your portfolio reflects a penchant for identity design, systems thinking, and typographic elegance.
- proficiency in Creative Suite and motivation to continually monitor and master best practices
- appreciation for tactility and an analogue approach—you recognize the best thinking often begins with pencil and paper
- knowledge of production techniques and desire to expand that skill set
- ditto for type and layout
- double ditto for the digital landscape
- ability to juggle multiple projects and respond to direction with grace and good humor
- strong verbal/written communication skills
- rigorous standards for your work, from concept to kerning, preparation to presentation
- passionate, whatever-it-takes attitude to get the job done right and with respect for all involved
- appreciation for process, research, organization, and efficiency
- love of collaboration and ability to provide and receive constructive critique
- innately optimistic outlook and hunger to learn and grow
- affinity for studio pets, pot lucks, big windows, and big thinking
Most of all, you want to work somewhere where your voice matters and your co-people are hungry to build the best work and culture possible. You want to make things, and you want to make a difference. Sound like you? Send us your work here.
Thank you for asking! It’s Principle. “Design by Principle” is our mantra. (And our URL.) Neat.
We ARE hiring! See above for several positions open at Principle. Portfolios should be sent here.
Never hesitate to reach out. We’re in the creative business for a reason; we love a new challenge and the chance to flex our ingenuity. (Or we have done what you’re looking for before and it’s just not on the list — thanks for the nudge.) If we don’t feel we’re the best person for the job, chances are we can refer you to someone who might be. Don’t be a stranger.
No two clients are alike. Nor are their needs. We structure pricing on a per-project basis, after first carefully outlining your objective(s) and then our proposed approach to making it happen. Have something in mind? Call us, or click here.
Absolutely. Let us know what you’re looking for, and we’d be happy to put together a PDF, or even send you physical samples of relevant work. We are also happy to put you in touch with anyone we’ve been fortunate to partner with.
Be nice. Do good work. Have fun. Ask why not? Pretty simple. It’s our mission to deliver beautiful design grounded in smart thinking, by impeccable standards, with the purpose of helping good people bring their brand to the next level. If we don’t believe in what we’re doing, well, we just won’t do it. We design by principle. Everybody wins.
Anything from Tiff’s Treats. The current front runner is Chocolate Chip, but this is known to change by week. Check back frequently.
We love speaking on behalf of design. To chat further about what you might be looking for, say hello.